Our mission at Tailwind is to make world-class marketing easy for everyone.
It's an ambitious goal. For 8 years, we have created software that has impacted over 500,00 brands across the globe. Our 70-person company has grown quickly in recent years. And we are excited to continue that growth! That's where you come in.
We are looking for software developers to join our engineering team to continue creating new and exciting features that are changing the way people run their business. Here are some of our current company initiatives that our dev teams are working towards:
- UX Advancements: We are focusing on creating substantial improvements to our UX for both our mobile and web apps.
- Developing new, greenfield tools and features to provide value to our customers: We are focusing on new initiatives and features to expand our functionality and bring new value to our members.
- Ensuring our platform is set up for long-term success: Our platform team (DevSecOps) is pushing forward to ensure our systems, processes and technology is running smoothly, today and in the future.
Key attributes for our ideal software developer candidate include:
- Full-stack know-how: You embrace the full-stack concept and infrastructure and aren't afraid to switch between languages and platforms.Versatile: You're comfortable writing front-end components, unit-testing a back-end endpoint or anything in between.
- Product experience: You have experience developing solid, scalable products — whether you've been doing it for 2 years or 22 years.
- Agile: You're comfortable working in an agile development environment, where requirements and goals might rapidly evolve as we learn from our users.
- Embracing cross-team collaboration: You want to be on a team that's radically collaborative, free of silos, where engineers work in partnership with team members from across the company (product, design, customer success, marketing).
- You love data.
- Problem-solving: You have exceptional analytical skills, are an out-of-the-box thinker, and are comfortable with quickly learning, evaluating, and deploying new technologies - even in ambiguous situations.
- Constant learning: You're always learning patterns, practices, and tools to improve your and the team's development experience - including being involved in the dev community. You may have side projects too.
What you'll love about this role:
- You'll be building products that small business owners use daily, helping them to pursue their dreams and thrive financially using our platform.
- You'll play an active role in the entire development process — from planning, designing, architecting, coding to implementation and documentation.
- You'll have the freedom and support to challenge yourself with difficult problems without being afraid of failing, with opportunities to learn from mistakes.
- Our engineering team is a collaborative group of programmers who want to learn from you and help you learn!
- You'll dive into our modern tech stack and toolkit, and start shipping code on day one; immediately influencing the direction of the product, the team, and the company in a big way.
- We're nimble and fast-moving, without corporate red tape, approval layers, or politics.
- You'll get ownership shares, company-paid insurance premiums and extremely competitive benefits package, salary refreshes twice a year with annual bonuses, and an unlimited vacation policy
Our technology stack:
You'll need to have production experience with at least some of our technologies, frameworks, and languages. Or at a minimum - similar ones that will help you learn and start contributing quickly.
NOTE: Please don't talk yourself out of applying if you don't "check all the boxes." We support each other's growth and celebrate our differences at Tailwind. If you're passionate about growing successful teams and hiring, feel free to apply. We'd love to hear from you.
More about us:
- We are all owners (literally): We take responsibility, don't pass blame, and don't rest until the problem is solved
- We're growing quickly – roughly doubling year on year – and we're profitable
- We set audacious goals and tackle challenges daily, which leaves no room for ego or a sense of entitlement
- We're multi-office: Most of our team members work in our headquarters in Oklahoma City, while many of us call our New York City office home, and a few of us work remotely
- We're radically transparent: Sharing new ideas and plans, giving feedback, and making everyone feel welcome in every conversation
- Our growing team blends deep early stage DNA (team + alumni have started 17 companies, and helped build 18 other startups) with industry expertise born out of leading names in tech and marketing such as Google, YouTube, AOL, AWeber, a la mode, BigWing Interactive, Paycom, Apple, Yodle and PCI
- We believe our industry's lack of diversity hurts us all and work hard to foster a company culture that's inclusive and appreciative of everyone's talent, authenticity, and ideas — regardless of our differences
Learn more about life at Tailwind: https://www.tailwindapp.com/careers
Glassdoor reviews: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Tailwind-Reviews-E771559.htm
We have implemented a uniquely transparent compensation model based on our culture and values. You can learn more about our Tailwind Open Compensation System here: www.tailwindapp.com/about/open-compensation.
While applying, we'll ask you for your target compensation level; we use this question strictly to screen out candidates who are not feasible hires based on our compensation system. It will not / does not impact what we offer any candidate.