Job Type Full-time
Full Stack Developer with OAuth, full time position
We blend deep domain expertise in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management with advanced technologies to help Federal agencies solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to cultivate a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) is part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NCBI is the world’s premier biomedical center hosting over six million daily users that seek research, clinical, genetic, and other information that directly impacts biomedical research and public health – at NCBI you can literally help to accelerate cures for diseases! NCBI’s wide range of applications, platforms (Node, Python, Django, C++, you name it) and environments (big data [petabytes], machine learning, multiple clouds) serve more users than almost any other US Government Agency according to https://analytics.usa.gov/.
You will join NCBI’s team of web developers and software engineers to build robust, flexible web applications, APIs, and services. This role calls for an experienced full stack developer with OAuth OICD experience – someone fluent in authentication and authorization models, security, infrastructure, compliance, federated login, and migration of legacy applications and user account consolidation.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Implement, integrate and supporting CIT’s Research Authentication System with NCBI IAM environment.
· Migrate applications to client side OIDC OAuth2.0 solution
· Develop and maintain an access management integration process detailing the technical architecture
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues efficiently during account migration and consolidation
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Knowledge of federated identity and web security concepts such as SAML, OAuth 2.0, and OIDC
· Experience in relational databases such as Microsoft SQL server
· Knowledge & experience in building JWT, SAML, OAuth, OIDC solutions.
· Experience integrating with 3rd party applications and knowledge of secured sharing of data
· Experience developing Django web applications and services
· Experience with front end frameworks like Angular2+ and ReactJS
· Knowledge of XMLS and XSLT
· Understanding of IT security standards
· Proficient understanding of Git version control system
· Experience with agile development processes
· Excellent teamwork, communication and collaboration skills
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time