Application Developer - Web UI - INF001423
The Application Developer - Web UI is an expert at implementing the front-end web and mobile technologies. Developer will contribute to and govern the creation and maintenance of functionality on internet and intranet applications managed by US Cellular, with attention to user experience and modern design. Works with numerous external vendors, internal US Cellular business partners, as well as internal IS partners.
- Ensure open communication and understanding among business owners and technologists.
- Facilitate code reviews and peer reviews of software work products to share knowledge to support quality control of coding efforts.
- Perform a wide variety of production-related web and mobile development tasks including building, modifying, maintaining, and optimizing code. Collaborates with internal architecture, marketing, development, and external vendor partners to achieve desired delivery.
- Translate wire frames and graphic composites into cohesive and robust technical deliverables.
- Optimize performance, contributing to definition of architectural solutions, while creating code that adheres to web standards.
- Assures Secure Application Coding is standard practice in every delivery. Fundamental knowledge and training in Secure Coding Practices is evident in daily contributions.
- Continually build upon advanced knowledge in web/mobile app development by researching trends and staying educated on changing coding paradigms and browser/OS standards.
- Understand best practices in Web Usability, E-commerce, Information Architecture, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Web Analytics, and application code design to ensure encapsulation, modularity, cohesion, operability and maintainability.
- Partner with application and technical architects within the IS Web and Mobile Application Development team, shaping best practices and implementation options.
- Adhere to software engineering practices and governance of code artifacts and deliverables.
- Adhere to Strategic and Tactical application development, contributing to shaping direction for projects and team backlog.
- Share web and mobile development industry trends and best practices to influence on-going product maturity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing web and/or mobile based functionality, preferably on an e-commerce web site/app using a content management system.
- Required knowledge of front-end Web development trends and advanced knowledge of the following:
- HTML5, CSS3 Styling and Content experience.
- Bootstrap, Foundation or equivalent Responsive Web Design framework.
- Sublime Text or equivalent development tool.
- Mobile/Tablet website development and/or App Development.
- Performance design and Secure Application Coding training.
- Required experience using the following:
- Strong understanding of cloud computing and its interdependencies with on-premise and vendor data center UI orchestrations.
- Strong understanding of UI Integration with back office system via HTTPS/2 REST/JSON services.
- NodeJS, PHP, JSP or equivalent back-end framework.
- Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, or equivalent RDBMS/NoSQL database.
- Grunt, Gulp or equivalent build process tool.
- PhoneGap or equivalent mobile app development platform.
- Git, Mercurial or equivalent source control system.
- ATG, WordPress, Joomla or equivalent Content Management System preferred.
- Axure or equivalent wireframe software preferred.
- 1+ years of experience working within an SDLC and working on projects involving other teams is required.
- Experience with IOS and Android mobile application development a plus.
- Demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to grow trust and show business value of application development efforts.
- Highly skilled in organization and planning.
- Ability to self-start and be versatile in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to publish risk, assumption and development approach for projects/backlog.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a diverse group of constituents is required.
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.